Adaptogen Energy Balls
These energy balls are a perfect snack or dessert! Incorporates ashwagandha as well as other nutritional powerhouse ingredients. No baking required!
• 3/4 cup cashews
• 3/4 cup almonds
• 1/8 cup chia seeds
• 1-1/2 tablespooons honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoom maca powder (optional)
• 8 dates pitted
• 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons ashwagandha powder
• 2 tablespoons cacao nibs semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
• unsweetened shredded coconut
In a food processor, pulse cashews and almonds until grinded. Strain water from dates, then add the dates to the processor and pulse for 15 seconds.
Add in remaining ingredients and pulse until dough-like texture is formed.
If needed, add a tiny bit of water.
Remove blade from processor. Form dough into ping-pong size balls.
Roll in shredded coconut to cover (or leave them “naked” if you don’t like coconut)
Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Keep in covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.